One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electrical charger for batteries that works at a steady slow rate from the mains.
- ‘Both taper and trickle chargers are slow.’
- ‘If your trickle charger has no cutoff circuit, and you forget to remove the cells, they'll sit there warm to the touch, being slowly cooked.’
- ‘This invention relates in general to battery chargers, and more particularly, to solar power trickle chargers for lead acid batteries.’
- ‘Larger transformers used in tapered and trickle chargers have the disadvantages of high heat generation, greater weight, and lower efficiency.’
- ‘Dumb trickle chargers usually get the job done in 12 to 14 hours, but they may be faster or slower.’
- ‘These charge a battery and then maintain them at charged level by cycling on and off when necessary without over charging which trickle chargers can do.’
- ‘The engine I use with this boat is a 9.9hp four stroke with electric start and a trickle charger which keeps the battery topped up.’
- ‘Present trickle chargers, largely due to their inherent lack of sophistication, are generally compatible with only one or two battery types.’
- ‘If you attach the trickle charger to an inexpensive wall socket timer you can avoid leaving the battery on charge too long.’
- ‘It is a rapid charger unlike the trickle chargers that normally come with rechargeable battery operated devices (like your cell phone and radios).’
- ‘The solution is to keep the battery topped up with a trickle charger, ensuring immobilisers and the like won't run it down while the car sits in the garage.’
- ‘The trickle charger will provide continuous power to your car battery and prevent dead batteries.’
- ‘They are also not trickle chargers although they look very much like one.’
- ‘Although trickle chargers often appear to be a better economic choice for the typical consumer, trickle chargers don't have the advantage of sophisticated electronic control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.