One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Fernandez and Morris conclude that trichromatism evolved for ecological rather than social reasons, such as the detection of edible leaves and/or fruits.’
- ‘Then came the mutation of trichromatism, which enabled us to see fruit - cherries, say - more easily against a variegated leafy background.’
- ‘Half of the people with anomalous trichromatism can make precise color matches (but not as precisely as those with normal color vision) and are said to have a simple anomaly, while the other half cannot and are said to have an extreme anomaly.’
- ‘There are three types of anomalous trichromatism named according to which photopigment is affected: Protanomalous trichromatism, Deuteranomalous trichromatism and Tritanomalous trichromatism.’
- ‘Position and brightness are two generally useful clues, as well as the slight differences that may be perceived even with severe anomalous trichromatism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.