One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Most tanzanite is treated with heat to deepen the primary colors, and this subdues the trichroism slightly.’
- ‘In the more familiar blue variety, stones exhibit blue, violet and reddish orange but in fancy colors the trichroism is as follows.’
- ‘The cutter must orient the rough carefully, taking iolite's trichroism of blue, gray and near colorless into account.’
- ‘This is one of the features of the stone and is due to Tanzanite's trichroism.’
- ‘This colour variation is pleochroism (strictly trichroism in biaxial minerals).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.