One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This colour variation is pleochroism (strictly trichroism in biaxial minerals).’
- ‘Most tanzanite is treated with heat to deepen the primary colors, and this subdues the trichroism slightly.’
- ‘In the more familiar blue variety, stones exhibit blue, violet and reddish orange but in fancy colors the trichroism is as follows.’
- ‘This is one of the features of the stone and is due to Tanzanite's trichroism.’
- ‘The cutter must orient the rough carefully, taking iolite's trichroism of blue, gray and near colorless into account.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.