One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An infection caused by parasitic trichomonads, chiefly affecting the urinary tract, vagina, or digestive system.
Genus Trichomonas, in particular T. vaginalis (in the reproductive tract) and T. hominis (in the large intestine)
- ‘The evidence is inconclusive, however, about whether condoms can prevent genital herpes, syphilis, chancroids, chlamydial infection, trichomoniasis, or gonorrhea (in women).’
- ‘In women, symptoms of trichomoniasis include burning, itching, and soreness of the vagina.’
- ‘Chlamydia, gonorrhoea, herpes and trichomoniasis are sexually transmitted infections that can cause vaginal symptoms.’
- ‘Bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, and candidiasis are the most common diseases associated with vaginal discharge.’
- ‘Cultures for trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and chlamydia are indicated if the secretions reveal many white blood cells but no underlying cause is found.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.