One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An infection caused by parasitic trichomonads, chiefly affecting the urinary tract, vagina, or digestive system.
- ‘Chlamydia, gonorrhoea, herpes and trichomoniasis are sexually transmitted infections that can cause vaginal symptoms.’
- ‘Bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, and candidiasis are the most common diseases associated with vaginal discharge.’
- ‘Cultures for trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and chlamydia are indicated if the secretions reveal many white blood cells but no underlying cause is found.’
- ‘The evidence is inconclusive, however, about whether condoms can prevent genital herpes, syphilis, chancroids, chlamydial infection, trichomoniasis, or gonorrhea (in women).’
- ‘In women, symptoms of trichomoniasis include burning, itching, and soreness of the vagina.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.