One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of numerous minute rod-like structures, each containing a protrusible filament, found near the surface of ciliates and dinoflagellates.
- ‘Discharged trichocysts remain clustered around the cell surface and can easily be visualized under dark-field light microscopy with a x10 objective.’
- ‘These structures do not correspond to trichocysts seen in phase micrographs (data not shown) but connect both horizontally and vertically to other vesicular-like signals.’
- ‘Most plates are penetrated by trichocyst pores which may lie in pits.’
- ‘After biogenesis, trichocysts migrate to the plasma membrane and are anchored to predetermined sites.’
- ‘The discharge or nondischarge of the trichocyst was observed by adding a drop of saturated picric acid to the cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.