A bet in which the person betting forecasts the first three horses in a race in the correct order.
- ‘Where a permutation is used which could apply either to forecasts or tricasts and neither is specified, the bet will be settled on forecasts.’
- ‘You give out a £20 prize for the winner on each tricast you do, giving you a profit of £114 per sheet.’
- ‘Subject to the following rules tricasts are accepted in singles only.’
- ‘A forecast is when you bet on which horses will come first and second; a tricast involves predicting which will finish first, second and third.’
- ‘In tricasts containing a non-runner the total stake will be invested as a straight forecast on the remaining two selections in the order given.’
1970s: from tri- ‘three’ + the noun forecast.