One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A three-wheeled car.
- ‘It was a realistic and detailed model of a Leon Bellee tricar dated 1896.’
- ‘These tricars were made between 1903 and 1906 by the Rex Motor Manufacturing Co in Coventry, later ones with V twins.’
- ‘Although the first Riley was a neat four-wheeled voiturette with a single-cylinder engine, production vehicles were initially motor tricycles; tricars were made until 1907.’
- ‘The double-ended ferries could carry 2 lorries and 4 tricars, and plied between Wakato and Wakamatsu of northern Kyushu.’
- ‘From 1950, it began to produce bodies in wood and metal for light tricars and trucks.’
- ‘Eligibility for the event covers pre-1905 four-wheel cars, tricars and motor tricycles, - with the youngest vehicles being just 102 years of age.’
- ‘In the book Steam Cars 1770-1970 Lord Montagu of Beauleiu and Antony Bird describe this tricar as follows.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.