One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His father clearly rose through the ranks, so this would suggest that he did not start among the privileged elite who would have had tribuneships from their youth.’
- ‘When the term of his tribuneship expired, Tiberius presented himself for re-election.’
- ‘Tiberius next filled up the vacant tribuneship by getting one of his own dependents put into the office.’
- ‘He was awarded a military tribuneship and equestrian rank.’
- ‘In 123 he stood for the tribuneship and was a second time elected in the following year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.