One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring friction in sliding.
- ‘The established tribometers also represent a commercial opportunity for others to characterize the materials as well.’
- ‘The present invention relates to an improved tribometer having a sliding unit for receiving test samples.’
- ‘This is currently the only known certification program for tribometers in existence.’
- ‘This standard will address a wide range of different types of tribometers, without reference to specific patented devices.’
- ‘This tribometer evaluates the tribological characteristics of liquid lubricants for space applications.’
- ‘The pin-on-ring tribometer is a standard configuration for tribology research on materials, coatings and lubricants.’
- ‘For both tribometers, the temperature can be controlled from - 20 degrees C to 120 degrees C.’
- ‘The descriptive statistics vary with number of samples, and tribometers report average friction values based on different sample sizes.’
- ‘The plain bearing tribometer allows the measurements of friction and wear parameters of a complete bearing for alternate rotations’
- ‘Consequently, a new method was developed by using an UHV tribometer associated with surface analytical tools to simulate the molecule chemical reactivity toward surfaces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.