One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The triboluminescent spectrum is basically similar to that of photoluminescence, which correlates with the disorders of F atoms.’
- ‘Some of the triboluminescent materials appear to partially decompose in an hourglass shape that suggests chemical reaction occurs selectively along only some crystal axes.’
- ‘It occurred to me, however, that triboluminescent materials, which emit light only when fractured, could offer a better approach.’
- ‘Some scientists believe that crystal structure and impurities are central to whether a material becomes triboluminescent.’
- ‘One reference states that research is underway to apply triboluminescent flashes to sense automobile crashes and inflate air bags.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.