One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cylindrical rod used for forging nuts, rings, tubes, and other rounded metallic objects.
- ‘Metal triblets are used to adjust the size and shape of finished rings, usually by tapping the ring with a nylon hammer.’
- ‘The on-line shop includes electric kilns, kiln shelves, kiln paper, precision jewellery and craft tools, pliers and cutters, mandrels, triblets, safety equipment, and other tools and accessories.’
- ‘The machine is modified for bending from rolls, automatic cutting and deburring, and bending without a triblet, with an option for forming with up to four lifts.’
- ‘I hit from both sides of the triblet, top and bottom.’
- ‘Triblets used in jewellery are usually gradiated and marked in standard finger sizes.’
Early 17th century: from French triboulet, of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.