Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a group of compounds whose molecules contain an unsaturated ring of three carbon and three nitrogen atoms.[as modifier] ‘triazine herbicides’
- ‘It is a triazine derivative chemically unrelated to any other antiepileptic drug.’
- ‘For the triazine herbicides and others that have been used for a number of years, it is possible to estimate carryover potential from test results.’
- ‘The same can be said for the triazine review and the phenoxy herbicide review.’
- ‘They are constantly being retired with hindsight, recent examples being the triazine herbicides, such as atrazine and simazine, which have been shown to be endocrine disruptors.’
- ‘Bioassays with lettuce and cucumber seedlings showed that simazine, a triazine herbicide related to atrazine, can persist in soils and cause subsequent replanting problems.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.