Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A trailer or articulated lorry with three axles.
- ‘From one single axle truck to a fleet of tandems or tri-axles, we will supply trucks with a driver, on time, to your site.’
- ‘Now throw a few hundred more tri-axles into the mix here which will haul acid rock from Centre County and it's going to be pure bedlam with a dash of insanity thrown in as well!’
- ‘Also, please note, that there are additional charges for tri-axles, permits and all other specialized equipment required to move overweight containers.’
- ‘The cost for tri-axles is $85.00 for the first day and $30.00 per day for each additional day.’
- ‘This tri-axle system includes a multi-position spacer which is mounted in a spacer aperture in the skate chassis, which spacer has an axle aperture to receive the wheel axle.’
- ‘Those loaders are light, which is a big factor for us hauling with tri-axles and pup trailers into Quebec, and they are faster than others we've seen or tried.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.