One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Eleven weeks after her final dose, results of the fluorescence antibody absorption test were negative, with a negative rapid plasma reagin test result, suggesting passive acquisition of the treponemal antibody.’
- ‘Lesions consistent with tuberculosis and treponemal infection are found in all three populations.’
- ‘Traditionally, screening for syphilis infection is a two-step process that involves an initial nontreponemal test (VDRL or RPR) followed by a confirmatory treponemal test (FTA-ABS or TP-PA).’
- ‘Other viral, bacterial, treponemal and fungal agents have the potential to cause mouth ulcers.’
- ‘Contacts were tested with a specific treponemal test, and those with a reactive test were managed in the same way as those with a confirmed syphilis diagnosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.