One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sandler approaches it trepidatiously, contemplates it, and then walks back to his office.’
- ‘After that bit of comedy, I headed trepidatiously for the water, which was rather chilly last time I was there, earlier this summer.’
- ‘Yet we stepped forth trepidatiously because, after all, we recently had to contend with The Keyboard Disaster.’
- ‘I picked up the first season box set trepidatiously, as it's twice the price of most TV boxes and half the size with thirteen episodes, but if any show was worth it, it's this one.’
- ‘Michelle's family trepidatiously joined the circle holding hands and singing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.