One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The European aspen.
- ‘Through the blackness, the sky glues to the trembling poplars.’
- ‘Trees were scarce in that part of the valley and only about a mile upstream on the Water of Girvan, trees petered out at a place where trembling poplars grew.’
- ‘Also known as trembling poplar, flattened petioles on the leaves cause them to flutter in the wind.’
- ‘The 7000 years old green and red bog can be reached through trembling poplars, alders, swamp- and birch galleries.’
- ‘It is known by many names: quaking aspen, golden aspen, mountain aspen, poplar and trembling poplar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.