One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The European aspen.
- ‘It is known by many names: quaking aspen, golden aspen, mountain aspen, poplar and trembling poplar.’
- ‘Through the blackness, the sky glues to the trembling poplars.’
- ‘The 7000 years old green and red bog can be reached through trembling poplars, alders, swamp- and birch galleries.’
- ‘Trees were scarce in that part of the valley and only about a mile upstream on the Water of Girvan, trees petered out at a place where trembling poplars grew.’
- ‘Also known as trembling poplar, flattened petioles on the leaves cause them to flutter in the wind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.