Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A parasitic flatworm of the class Trematoda.
- ‘All trematodes are parasitic, and most adult trematodes parasitize vertebrates.’
- ‘The 2 afflicted trematodes came from the same shark.’
- ‘For example, crickets infected with bacteria, Drosophila infested with mites, and amphipods harboring trematodes all increase reproductive activity.’
- ‘And this is what we want to do now, briefly consider the infracommunity dynamics of trematodes in their molluscan hosts.’
- ‘There are a few parasites of the black crappie, which include many protozoa, trematodes, cestodes, and nematodes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.