One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Interlacing strips of wood or metal forming a trellis or lattice.
- ‘The Ark is portrayed by a piece of trelliswork with a label ‘ARK ‘hung on it and the animals are imagined by the actors by sound and mime most believably.’
- ‘It was a pretty little terraced house with roses around the doorway and trelliswork in an unpretentious garden.’
- ‘He felt the familiar faint jarring of a strata overlay and immediately the Matriarch stood facing him in the sunlight that shone through the trelliswork above.’
- ‘The doors of the bookcase, instead of being glazed, have brass trelliswork framed by a double row of Gothic arcading.’
- ‘Here, the highly ornamental plant container, held up by a complex quatrefoil trelliswork and spilling over with flowers, forms an architectural ziggurat that is not unlike the theatrical flower beds of the landscape garden.’
- ‘The casino's cream-colored stucco walls will rise from the surrounding lush landscaping and trelliswork.’
- ‘Secondary and tertiary scales are made by elements such as the timber trelliswork, screens and climbing frames.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.