Women's leggings that are designed to resemble a pair of trousers.
- ‘If you like the look of a legging, but the feel of a trouser, then treggings are ideal for you.’
- ‘Patterned, plain or leather, treggings are set to be seen on all the hottest legs this winter.’
- ‘If I've misjudged the hot pants, then what else? The treggings and shoe-boot combination? The T-shirt dress and the skinny jeans? Are my feet too old for gladiator sandals?’
- ‘But I am not formal - I wore treggings to teach in today!’
- ‘Sleek and tailored, treggings are great for work and give you lasting comfort throughout the day.’
Early 21st century: blend of trousers and leggings.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.