An arboreal squirrel that is typically active in daylight and does not hibernate.
- ‘Then there's the individualistic tree squirrel; for these rodents, the chatter seems to be a way of telling a large animal ‘I see you; don't waste your time trying to catch me.’’
- ‘Other tree squirrels occupying the same geographic range as flying squirrels typically have rates at the opposite end of the spectrum - up to four times higher than predicted for their body mass.’
- ‘Future studies aimed at identifying the specific chemical cues used to make caching decisions will help to further clarify this complex web of evolutionary and ecological interactions between oaks and tree squirrels.’
- ‘Many chipmunks and tree squirrels also exhibit a mating chase during breeding.’
- ‘There are three basic body forms in squirrels: tree squirrels, ground squirrels and flying squirrels.’