One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A widespread Old World pipit which inhabits open country with scattered trees.
Anthus trivialis, family Motacillidae
- ‘Meadow pipits and occasionally tree pipits can be seen in summer.’
- ‘The woods are full of birds, and top attractions are the pied flycatcher, spotted flycatcher, tree pipit, wood warbler and redstart.’
- ‘Birds such as the tree pipit and spotted flycatcher showed declines of up to 70% in some areas.’
- ‘Their breast is yellower than the meadow pipit's and tree pipits have redder legs.’
- ‘Of the woodland species, they are studying chaffinches, great tits, blackbirds, robins, jays, tree pipits, and others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.