One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall woody-stemmed European mallow of coastal regions.
- ‘The puffins themselves assist in the establishment of tree mallow, which needs a fertile soil to establish itself.’
- ‘Now, thanks to hundreds of volunteers who helped remove tree mallow that had grown over the entrances to the puffins’ burrows, the birds are once again raising families on the island.’
- ‘I guess the key phrase here is short-lived, although tree mallows provide a lot of bang for the buck, and are easy to propagate.’
- ‘We marked out a little bed across the whole width of the allotment and planted tree mallows and perennial climbing wallflowers in them - staking our claim, I suppose.’
- ‘By August everything is tangled up, as the tree mallows incline their branches through the rest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.