One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shrubby yellow-flowered Californian lupin, widely planted to reclaim sandy land.
- ‘Crossed with the tree lupin and a range of annual species it has brought us the familiar hybrid garden lupin.’
- ‘The track follows closely beside the concrete channel and takes you round the side of a steep hill of sandstone and pebbles covered with red tree lupins in late spring.’
- ‘The back beach and sand dunes are held by marram grass and, in the Nature Reserve, tree lupins have been planted for the same purpose.’
- ‘Patches of mauve flowering grey leaved tree lupins added a splash of colour to the grassy slopes.’
- ‘The reason that the tree lupin is spreading northwards is at least partly climate change; it is moving into areas which now have a climate similar to what has been considered its native range.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.