One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An agile tree-climbing kangaroo with a long furred tail, and fore- and hindlimbs that are of almost equal length, found in the rainforests of Queensland and New Guinea.
Genus Dendrolagus, family Macropodidae: six species
- ‘This means they are related to the kangaroo, and in size they are especially close to the forest wallabies and tree kangaroos of Eastern Australia.’
- ‘Just recently, the zoo announced plans to create a 50,000-acre reserve in Papua New Guinea - an effort to protect the threatened Matschie's tree kangaroo.’
- ‘But imagine what it's like for a tree kangaroo living in the ever-shrinking rainforests of tropical north Queensland.’
- ‘Tree dwelling, leaf-eating species such as the tree kangaroo and the ring-tailed possum were found to be quite resilient.’
- ‘Another highlight of the expedition was the discovery of a population of the golden-mantled tree kangaroo.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.