One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Calfskin stained with a treelike design and used in bookbinding.
- ‘This workshop will cover two traditional 18th century English techniques, tree calf and the Cambridge panel, as well as leather dyeing and staining and other techniques including the cat's paw pattern, paste-resist and simple sprinkling.’
- ‘A nice copy in full tree calf with elaborately gilt backstrip.’
- ‘Contemporary and uniform half tree calf, gold-tooled spines with red and black labels, tree-marbled sides, sprinkled edges.’
- ‘The first in line, Life of Captain Cook was bound in full tree calf to match the rest of the set.’
- ‘Bound in tree calf with raised bands, leather spine label and gold decorations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.