One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A clef placing G above middle C on the second-lowest line of the stave.‘the piece was printed in the treble clef’mass noun ‘a part notated in either treble or soprano clef’
- ‘Two parts are scored in treble clef and two parts in bass clef, with suggested instruments listed for each part.’
- ‘There is a misprint in the first movement: The arpeggiated chords in the treble clef in the last line should all be the same: F-sharp, A, C-sharp, F, A-flat, C, E.’
- ‘The tenor part, while notated in the treble clef, often actually sounds below middle ‘C.’’
- ‘The solo instrumental part, in the treble clef, has a melody line characterised by a falling figure, often an augmented fourth.’
- ‘For music that ascends further into the reaches of the treble clef, the convention in older music was to write it an octave higher than it would sound, perhaps so that it would look high as well as sound high.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.