One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game in which players search for hidden objects by following a trail of clues.
- ‘Smaller children also enjoyed the bouncy castle and Children's Corner with the treasure hunt, Hook-a-Duck, Spin the Wheel, and fishing games.’
- ‘The treasure hunt will be followed by an auction in Clarke's Lounge Bar, where items can be donated on the day for auction.’
- ‘In the game, you will be given clues, like a treasure hunt.’
- ‘The day started with a treasure hunt and this was followed by a parachute game with all the mums and dads invited to participate.’
- ‘Write and illustrate short stories with them, stage a play or set up a treasure hunt with clues.’
- ‘I then hid them around the house as a treasure hunt, with clues to the next place.’
- ‘The CD plays with older forms like the treasure hunt, a game with embedded clues, shadow puppetry silhouettes and traditional folklore.’
- ‘The children are excited about the party and there will be plenty of fun and games, including pass the parcel and a treasure hunt, and we will also be having a visit from Father Christmas.’
- ‘In the afternoon, there are games to be played, including a treasure hunt that could interest our non-golfing duo.’
- ‘These exercises are like a treasure hunt, where one clue leads to the next.’
- ‘Objects and images are embedded in the perimeter wall and can be glimpsed through peepholes set at different heights, and these serve as clues in a treasure hunt.’
- ‘Pupils at Seend School did most of the organisation for the event themselves and thought of ideas for games, including a treasure hunt, marbles and lucky dips.’
- ‘The first day of the Christmas Festival was for fun/cruisers - a treasure hunt - with clues along a devious course some ten miles NW of St Lucia to Marigot Bay.’
- ‘Ever fancied a global treasure hunt with cryptic clues embedded in worldwide media?’
- ‘We'll be having a fun flying comp this year to coincide with our nighttime fun - pilots will fly for points which they will cash in for clues for the evening treasure hunt.’
- ‘Other events were a teddy bears' picnic on the Jubilee Field followed by a treasure hunt for adults in which a total of 14 cars took part.’
- ‘I hope this Search For The Stone treasure hunt will encourage people to get out walking and help the rural economy back on its feet.’
- ‘The treasure hunt was spread over a 65-km. route with several surprises and games on the way.’
- ‘The event included village stocks, a greasy log, face-painting, a barbecue, a raffle and a car treasure hunt, with a colour TV as first prize.’
- ‘But it is also a fun afternoon and there will be a treasure hunt, goody bags, prizes and plenty of games and entertainment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.