One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of cake or similar sweet food which is baked in a square or rectangular container and cut into individual pieces for serving.‘have fun baking cakes, cookies, tray bakes, and muffins’
- ‘The fudge brownie tray bake also took the red ticket and the strawberry jam took third in its class.’
- ‘In true WI spirit, the girls have been asked to bring along tray bakes, to serve with cups of tea in the Kelsick Centre afterwards.’
- ‘For those who like to eat cake, without baking or decorating it themselves, there will also be a selection of cakes, traybakes and cookies on sale.’
- ‘Remove the tray bake from the oven and mark it into 12-14 fingers, then leave to cool in the tin.’
- ‘Sandwiches, sausage rolls, pies plus cakes and tray bakes were displayed in a cabinet signed 'farmers' produce corner'.’
- ‘A slab of ginger and lemon tray bake was also shared and this too was fresh with the contrasting flavours evident.’
- ‘Sandwiches and finger foods are the ultimate street party foods and a good old tray bake will impress even the fussiest eaters!’
- ‘Word has it that Dean is very busy preparing his delicious apple tray bake.’
- ‘There were muffins in a covered container and wrapped tray bake but we both decided to have a toasted teacake.’
- ‘We looked at the range of cakes and tray bakes on display but decided that on this occasion we would call it a day.’
- ‘Make this as a "tray bake" and serve cut in small squares.’
- ‘The tray-bakes, home made fresh apple pies and fresh rhubarb pies, and our speciality lemon meringue are also very popular with the customers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.