One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fishing boat used for trawling.
- ‘The number of trawlers calling at Lerwick harbour has stabilised in 2004 following a period of decline.’
- ‘Stowed away aboard trawlers and ferries, animal travellers have descended upon the islands for many years.’
- ‘With the Australians in charge the trawler and the chase ship then turned to re-cross the Indian Ocean.’
- ‘The Japanese ships pursued the trawler and captured it several hours later.’
- ‘If you're any distance from the coast, keep your eyes open for bigger passenger boats or trawlers.’
- ‘Agreement has been reached with our trawlers and Australian Fisheries to make this devise compulsory.’
- ‘Confirmation of the severity of the storm arrived in the shape of a fishing trawler coming in to find shelter.’
- ‘Seven battleships, six cruisers and several torpedo boats steamed among the trawlers.’
- ‘They said the fate of fishing trawlers out at sea at the time of the tidal waves was not yet known.’
- ‘The fishing trawler then proceeded towards Peterhead where the rescued fishermen were landed.’
- ‘For the men who work the fishing trawlers, it is a life of hardship and endurance.’
- ‘A fishing trawler off the Outer Hebrides broadcast a Mayday after their engine room and fish hold flooded.’
- ‘The crew of the trawler had abandoned ship and the vessel was listing badly.’
- ‘It had more fish, too, although sections were severely impacted by the armada of trawlers and fishing camps.’
- ‘The boat was an old trawler, something more for fisherman than pleasure cruising.’
- ‘The industry was in its heyday - stacks of fish back to back the length of the quay, off a long line of trawlers newly returned from the far North.’
- ‘Coastal fishing communities had been protesting the invasion of their fishing grounds by the trawlers.’
- ‘The Government has agreed to decommission 11 trawlers in Grimsby and four in Scarborough.’
- ‘Euro-MPs are today debating proposals to give trawlers from Spain unlimited fishing rights to nearby Irish waters.’
- ‘It came, instead, on a fishing trawler plying its trade in the unforgiving waters off the west coast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.