One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crane able to move on rails, especially along an overhead support.
- ‘When you choose one of our overhead travelling cranes you can be sure of world beating experience and expertise that means top performance and reliability.’
- ‘We will use a travelling crane to move the elements.’
- ‘A 30t lift and a two-hook travelling crane, each hook rated to carry 40t, are installed on the ship providing the capability of autonomous loading and unloading operations completely independent of harbour facilities.’
- ‘This is within reach of the travelling crane and materials could be passed from one to the other.’
- ‘Because of the high operating speeds, the 40-ton overhead travelling cranes had to be equipped with an operator's cabin, which is very rare.’
- ‘A new fuzzy controller for anti-swing and position control of an overhead traveling crane is proposed based on the Single Input Rule Modules dynamically connected fuzzy inference model.’
- ‘This allows the travelling crane and its robot to be moved around the deck in order to carry out work which would otherwise be performed manually.’
- ‘Because of its history as a travelling crane it had a 6 function spool valve but only 3 functions active so adding a function was not difficult.’
- ‘Next, with the overhead traveling crane holding the removed mast, the operator tilts the mast carefully, while sliding its bottom end until he/she safely lays it on the floor.’
- ‘Within the foyer, the original roof structure remains, and also the original rails for travelling cranes.’
- ‘A load sway suppression method to the overhead travelling crane is proposed and discussed.’
- ‘In Nova Scotia, you require a certificate of qualification in order to operate a mobile crane, boom truck, overhead traveling crane or tower crane.’
- ‘The subject of the work was an overhead traveling crane located at the facilities of KCI at Hyvinkää.’
- ‘It describes measures to mitigate access risks created in existing buildings by overhead travelling cranes in motion and emphasises the importance of education and training of personnel.’
- ‘The main French manufacturer of overhead travelling cranes, the group is diversifying its range, especially with lift and tilting tables and freight elevators.’
- ‘The skyline crane is a cable system but differs from all other cableways in that it is a travelling crane and can pick up loads directly from the ground at any point along the cableway.’
- ‘The travelling crane runs over the complete deck and has a maximum lifting capacity in the whole of the work area.’
- ‘The para-dropping and cargo handling equipment comprises two travelling cranes, two winches, rollgang and tiedown equipment.’
- ‘The invention relates to a transverse travelling crane for ships which comprises a fixed horizontal crane beam extending transversely of the ship through a superstructure thereon.’
- ‘The overhead travelling cranes also offer the benefits of perfect crane geometry, resulting in exceptional travel characteristics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.