One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1with submodifier or in combination Having travelled to many places.‘he was widely travelled’
- ‘Of the seven summer signings made by Billy Davies - balancing something of a mass exodus at the end of last season - David Kelly must be the widest travelled.’
- ‘Under the much travelled Serbian coach Bora Milutinovic, China reached their first World Cup finals three years ago in South Korea and Japan.’
- ‘They must be the most travelled band in the world!’
- ‘As a much travelled male, I can say with confidence that Irish women are as classy as they come, and classier than most.’
2with submodifier or in combination Used by people travelling.‘a less well-travelled route’
- ‘Road films shot outdoors extensively, with travel, action, comedy and adventure packed in them, are less travelled territory for Kollywood.’
- ‘I have to take the less travelled toll highway, the 407, because my mom is nervous on the busier 401, so the distance is a little further.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.