One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A genre of writing in which the author describes places they have visited and their experiences while travelling.‘his books about the Greek islands are some of the best travel writing of the twentieth century’
- ‘She remains one of our greatest travel writers whose prose elevates travel writing into an art.’
- ‘He approaches travel writing from an unusual angle by adapting and illustrating other people's stories.’
- ‘From the 1950s, travel writing for a local audience began to decline, partly because tourism was by then well established and there was less reason for entrepreneurs to promote independent travel.’
- ‘His travel writings began in the eastern Mediterranean.’
- ‘The article's part of a series dedicated to "bringing fresh perspective and renewed excitement to the art of travel writing".’
- ‘Like the best travel writing, his is scattered with humour and rooted in compassion.’
- ‘She began her travel writing in 1963, when she rode a bicycle from Ireland to India.’
- ‘His travel writings include journeys through Indo-China and Burma, the Mediterranean, India, and Cuba.’
- ‘As soon as he finished school at twenty-two, he published poems, plays, novels, and travel writing at a furious pace.’
- ‘The first point of travel writing is to make the familiar strange and the strange familiar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.