One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Since he had only recently, and traumatically, been released on to the dating market, I couldn't give this delusion the duffing up it deserved; but honestly, cooking alone does not earn brownie points from a woman.’
- ‘And I can't overlook how high-end consumption promises to do exactly what critics of the stuff have always yearned for, namely, to bring us together, often traumatically.’
- ‘No country in the whole of the 20th century, even one suffering a defeat in wartime, has been forced to suffer so traumatically from peacetime sanctions.’
- ‘It's like being traumatically frightened by a clown.’
- ‘He, too, traumatically abandons the young man.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.