One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their popularity presupposes their trashiness.’
- ‘In honour of the sheer trashiness of the occasion I was drinking champagne with raspberry cordial in it.’
- ‘Thirdly, the fact that I should seek to a connection between myself, a talent show host and a great author is a great consolation, as it confirms to me my own trashiness and vanity.’
- ‘If the film-makers choose to emphasize the concept's inherent trashiness, and gloss up the grindhouse elements, this could be something exhilarating.’
- ‘The fact is, practitioners of the form have ever known about rock's low aspirations, its delinquent sensibility, its ugliness and lewdness, and its implicit trashiness and disposability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.