One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See trash talk
- ‘I was never a big trash talker in college, but if somebody was a bit cocky, I let them know it.’
- ‘I'm really not much of a trash talker.’
- ‘He isn't popular among opponents - he's a trash talker who will do anything to gain a competitive edge - but he definitely is one of the two or three best players on the team.’
- ‘On one hand, he is a self-confessed jaw flapper who ranks eighth on our list of favorite trash talkers.’
- ‘I had always been a trash talker about how I could beat someone up if they challenged me but now that the challenge was here I don't know if I am really willing to go through with it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.