One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of estimating the area under a curve by dividing it into a series of strips, each of which is approximately a trapezium.
- ‘Use the trapezium rule to evaluate the above integral.’
- ‘This is probably the closest result I could get when using straight-line formulae such as trapezium rules to calculate the area under a curve.’
- ‘The trapezium rule (or trapezoidal rule in the USA) is one such method.’
- ‘We know that the area under a curve is given by integration, so the trapezium rule gives a method of estimating integrals.’
- ‘The trapezium rule provides an alternative means of estimating the area under a curve.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.