One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A passenger train which operates daily along a scenic route from Christchurch across New Zealand's Southern Alps to Greymouth.‘the TranzAlpine cruises around a river bend on its Southern Alps traverse of the South Island’
- ‘Many make a day of it on the TranzAlpine—there and back—others, of course, make Greymouth their destination.’
- ‘A staff member helping us on to the TranzAlpine explained to us: "There's something about a train—you can't help but wave at it."’
- ‘In New Zealand, the TranzAlpine is the absolute crown jewel.’
- ‘Arrive in style aboard the TranzAlpine from Christchurch.’
- ‘The photo-competition finalists will be travelling this weekend on the Northern Explorer, Coastal Pacific, and TranzAlpine to battle it out for the final prizes.’
- ‘The TranzAlpine is flagged as one of the world's great train journeys, traversing as it does the South Island, speeding through forest and farmland.’
- ‘They could make the most of their arrival by travelling aboard the TranzAlpine before encountering some fresh air and sea spray at the Grey River mouth.’
- ‘The TranzAlpine runs 4.5 hours each way and is one of the world's most beautiful journeys.’
- ‘Freight services on those lines had been suspended, along with the TranzAlpine.’
- ‘The TranzAlpine and the Coastal Pacific are iconic train journeys, and together they provide a unique experience for tourists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.