One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A passenger train which operates daily along a scenic route from Christchurch across New Zealand's Southern Alps to Greymouth.‘the TranzAlpine cruises around a river bend on its Southern Alps traverse of the South Island’
- ‘Arrive in style aboard the TranzAlpine from Christchurch.’
- ‘A staff member helping us on to the TranzAlpine explained to us: "There's something about a train—you can't help but wave at it."’
- ‘Many make a day of it on the TranzAlpine—there and back—others, of course, make Greymouth their destination.’
- ‘The TranzAlpine is flagged as one of the world's great train journeys, traversing as it does the South Island, speeding through forest and farmland.’
- ‘In New Zealand, the TranzAlpine is the absolute crown jewel.’
- ‘Freight services on those lines had been suspended, along with the TranzAlpine.’
- ‘The TranzAlpine and the Coastal Pacific are iconic train journeys, and together they provide a unique experience for tourists.’
- ‘They could make the most of their arrival by travelling aboard the TranzAlpine before encountering some fresh air and sea spray at the Grey River mouth.’
- ‘The photo-competition finalists will be travelling this weekend on the Northern Explorer, Coastal Pacific, and TranzAlpine to battle it out for the final prizes.’
- ‘The TranzAlpine runs 4.5 hours each way and is one of the world's most beautiful journeys.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.