One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A removable partition divided this area transversely into two 30-cm long sections such that the heat source fell in equal portions either side of the division.’
- ‘Therefore, with the muscles arranged diagonally, the skin can be stretched longitudinally and transversely without elongating them.’
- ‘One fruit was cut transversely to form five pairs of flat equatorial transects and these were rinsed briefly with water to remove cell-content residues from the cut surfaces.’
- ‘Transfer the profiteroles to a cutting board, cut in half transversely, and set aside on a parchmentlined sheet pan, and sprinkle the profiterole tops with confectioners' sugar.’
- ‘Company maintenance people actually weld a series of parallel steel-plate strips, set 2 in. apart, transversely across the exterior bottom surface of the bucket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.