One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The middle part of the large intestine, passing across the abdomen from right to left below the stomach.
- ‘On the right side, the transverse colon sacculations and the ascending colon (which appears three sided) are seen.’
- ‘The colon is divided into four parts: the ascending colon, the transverse colon, the descending colon, and the sigmoid colon.’
- ‘The transverse colon joins the descending colon, and in the same region five cross sections of jejunum can be identified.’
- ‘The right side of the colon includes the cecum, ascending colon and proximal transverse colon and cannot be reached by flexible sigmoidoscopy.’
- ‘In the middle of the section, the transverse colon and ileal arteries and veins may be identified.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.