Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The middle part of the large intestine, passing across the abdomen from right to left below the stomach.
- ‘The transverse colon joins the descending colon, and in the same region five cross sections of jejunum can be identified.’
- ‘On the right side, the transverse colon sacculations and the ascending colon (which appears three sided) are seen.’
- ‘The colon is divided into four parts: the ascending colon, the transverse colon, the descending colon, and the sigmoid colon.’
- ‘The right side of the colon includes the cecum, ascending colon and proximal transverse colon and cannot be reached by flexible sigmoidoscopy.’
- ‘In the middle of the section, the transverse colon and ileal arteries and veins may be identified.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.