One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Represent (something, typically an idea, custom, or quality) in a different way, causing it to be revalued.‘survival strategies are aesthetically transvalued into weapons of attack’
- ‘To overcome, transvalue and control one's life Nietzsche set as life's goal.’
- ‘And as much as we might admire her deep-rooted hatred of collectivism, her philosophy is still just another utopian dream, a transvalued Marxism.’
- ‘But this passage is one in which, as is her wont, the author mimes the language of male philosophical and theological tradition that she seeks to transvalue.’
- ‘It was also certainly a deep psychological and emotional experience, a core moral commitment, a personally and socially crucial way of transvaluing human experience and desire.’
- ‘Perhaps we have simply transvalued impersonality as elusiveness, irony and parodic cultural quotation, qualities especially attractive in the wake of postmodern theory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.