One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The ‘infusion’ (if you like it) or ‘infection’ (if you don't) of wealth- and success-mindedness has produced a transvaluation of values.’
- ‘A social identity entails for Locke the positive valuation of an interest, an affective feeling, a method of representation, and a system or process of continual transvaluation of symbols.’
- ‘As they see it, this countercultural refusal to belong suggests a massive - Nietzschean - transvaluation of social values and, hence, an insistence on other forms of belonging.’
- ‘The notion that marriage was to be based on romantic rather than rational love indicates a transvaluation of human sentiments.’
- ‘The point is a tremendous transvaluation of style under the sign of irony, plus or minus ‘profound’ psychological instability of representation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.