One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a medical procedure) performed via the urethra.
- ‘A transurethral resection was performed, and histologic examination revealed a poorly differentiated invasive carcinoma.’
- ‘Multiple superficial biopsies were performed with partial transurethral resection of the tumor.’
- ‘The patient developed a local recurrence 8 months postoperatively, which was managed by a combination of transurethral resection and radiation therapy.’
- ‘After a cystoscopic examination, a transurethral resection was performed.’
- ‘Treatment options include medical therapy, transurethral incision of the prostate, transurethral resection of the prostate, prostatectomy and balloon dilation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.