Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a medical procedure) performed via the urethra.
- ‘The patient developed a local recurrence 8 months postoperatively, which was managed by a combination of transurethral resection and radiation therapy.’
- ‘A transurethral resection was performed, and histologic examination revealed a poorly differentiated invasive carcinoma.’
- ‘Treatment options include medical therapy, transurethral incision of the prostate, transurethral resection of the prostate, prostatectomy and balloon dilation.’
- ‘Multiple superficial biopsies were performed with partial transurethral resection of the tumor.’
- ‘After a cystoscopic examination, a transurethral resection was performed.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.