Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a medical procedure) performed via the urethra.
- ‘The patient developed a local recurrence 8 months postoperatively, which was managed by a combination of transurethral resection and radiation therapy.’
- ‘After a cystoscopic examination, a transurethral resection was performed.’
- ‘Multiple superficial biopsies were performed with partial transurethral resection of the tumor.’
- ‘A transurethral resection was performed, and histologic examination revealed a poorly differentiated invasive carcinoma.’
- ‘Treatment options include medical therapy, transurethral incision of the prostate, transurethral resection of the prostate, prostatectomy and balloon dilation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.