One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a medical procedure) performed via the urethra.
- ‘After a cystoscopic examination, a transurethral resection was performed.’
- ‘Multiple superficial biopsies were performed with partial transurethral resection of the tumor.’
- ‘The patient developed a local recurrence 8 months postoperatively, which was managed by a combination of transurethral resection and radiation therapy.’
- ‘Treatment options include medical therapy, transurethral incision of the prostate, transurethral resection of the prostate, prostatectomy and balloon dilation.’
- ‘A transurethral resection was performed, and histologic examination revealed a poorly differentiated invasive carcinoma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.