One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Across or crossing racial boundaries.
- ‘She will discuss the transracial adoption of her daughter Penelope.’
- ‘The salon started by the sisters in 1931 was characterized by its transracial and gender-inclusive nature.’
- ‘The families include transracial, interracial, adoptive, single-parent, stepparent, and two-parent families, both heterosexual and homosexual.’
- ‘The asserted benefits of transracial adoption further obscure the system's racial bias and masquerade as reasons to oppose policies that preserve black families.’
- ‘Finally, transracial adoptions comprise 20% of this sample.’
- ‘Many former celebrants of the music have become detractors in the face of its hypercommercialization and transracial acceptance.’
- ‘How do you find out where the line is between the black female experience and the transracial adoption experience?’
- ‘One of the most widely used arguments against transracial adoption is that white parents are unprepared to teach their children the survival skills they will need to live in a racist culture.’
- ‘This also helps them to redefine themselves in a transracial and global context by bridging the gaps among Koreans, Korean Americans, and African Americans.’
- ‘She writes, ‘It is easy to see transracial love plots as imaginings… in which romantic love rather than filial servitude or force guarantee the willful submission of the colonized’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.