Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A microprocessor with integral memory designed for parallel processing.
- ‘The pipeline transputer runs what basically is an assembler program, with three processes: a calculation process and two communication processes, one down, one up the pipe.’
- ‘These can be used to connect one transputer to four other transputers.’
- ‘We will first explore the methods used by the transputers to exchange information with each other, how transputers access the memory, and how they support multitasking.’
- ‘The specific topology for a transputer network must be configured by the software developer, with occam processes mapped to transputers appropriately.’
- ‘This book presents a systematic approach to parallel implementation of feedforward neural networks on an array of transputers.’
1970s: blend of transistor and computer.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.