One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A roadside cafe for drivers of haulage vehicles.
- ‘I write to urge all car and lorry drivers who use the transport cafe, to seriously think about where they park.’
- ‘The trip to Norway was so tightly budgeted the team spent their first evening at a transport cafe making merry over a slice of cake between four.’
- ‘I certainly appreciate it when it's a present, but I try to enjoy other things when it's not, just as I can enjoy a chicken tikka in an Indian restaurant or shepherd's pie in a transport cafe.’
- ‘The toilets reminded me of what you would find at a bad transport cafe.’
- ‘It was certainly no English transport cafe, but was well cooked pub food, and very enjoyable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.