One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A roadside cafe for drivers of haulage vehicles.
- ‘I write to urge all car and lorry drivers who use the transport cafe, to seriously think about where they park.’
- ‘It was certainly no English transport cafe, but was well cooked pub food, and very enjoyable.’
- ‘The toilets reminded me of what you would find at a bad transport cafe.’
- ‘I certainly appreciate it when it's a present, but I try to enjoy other things when it's not, just as I can enjoy a chicken tikka in an Indian restaurant or shepherd's pie in a transport cafe.’
- ‘The trip to Norway was so tightly budgeted the team spent their first evening at a transport cafe making merry over a slice of cake between four.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.