Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting or relating to states or areas of consciousness beyond the limits of personal identity:‘the book covers shamanism and transpersonal psychology’
- ‘Parapsychology needs transpersonal psychology to keep it from foundering in technical sterility.’
- ‘He studied Jungian and transpersonal psychology and took a special interest in allergic diseases.’
- ‘The last is a fair statement in particular for those experiments, on which were based Karl Jung's concepts of synchronism and transpersonal consciousness.’
- ‘This is the transition from the personal to the transpersonal.’
- ‘By way of answering, let me introduce an analogy that I have used for many years: Parapsychology is to transpersonal psychology as physics is to engineering.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.