Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- rare term for transparency
- ‘Octopus and cuttlefish change the colors and texture of their skins to match the surfaces over which they travel; a jellyfish hides in its own transparence.’
- ‘Promoting good governance, transparence and accountability involves putting in place mechanisms that enhance and guarantee the quality of public services.’
- ‘In this case, one needs to find the optimal thickness for the crystal that minimally compromises on diffracting volume on the one hand and transparence on the other.’
- ‘Designers use floral in monotones with unusual checks and stripes, silky and lustrous finishes, transparence and illusion placements with a hint of skin in the collection.’
- ‘The transparence is achieved through double exposure.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.