One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Other transmutationists included French anatomist Isidore Geoffroy Sainte Hilaire, who studied birth defects.’
- ‘In the nineteenth century a series of scholars began to uphold not just transmutationist doctrines but theories suggestive of what eventually would become known as Darwinian natural selection.’
- ‘In effect, they claimed, transmutation undermined the very evidence the transmutationists were using to support their case.’
- ‘Like other transmutationists of the time, he was confident that the organism that gave rise to other forms had lived in the sea.’
- ‘This concept made Darwin an evolutionist in a sense that does not apply to earlier transmutationists like Lamarck and Erasmus Darwin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.