One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This concept made Darwin an evolutionist in a sense that does not apply to earlier transmutationists like Lamarck and Erasmus Darwin.’
- ‘In the nineteenth century a series of scholars began to uphold not just transmutationist doctrines but theories suggestive of what eventually would become known as Darwinian natural selection.’
- ‘Like other transmutationists of the time, he was confident that the organism that gave rise to other forms had lived in the sea.’
- ‘Other transmutationists included French anatomist Isidore Geoffroy Sainte Hilaire, who studied birth defects.’
- ‘In effect, they claimed, transmutation undermined the very evidence the transmutationists were using to support their case.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.