Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing or occurring across the entire wall of an organ or blood vessel.
- ‘There were also multiple areas of hemorrhagic necrosis with transmural extension.’
- ‘The resected portion of stomach had a hemorrhagic, necrotic thickened wall and showed extensive, acute suppurative inflammation, especially in the submucosa, with focal transmural involvement.’
- ‘A transmural recent hemorrhage was noted at the distal resection margin, consistent with a history of recent perforation.’
- ‘Localized rebound tenderness signifies only limited and localized transmural inflammation.’
- ‘The right ventricular free wall displayed numerous areas with nearly transmural adiposity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.