One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ratio of the light energy falling on a body to that transmitted through it.
- ‘The apparatus determines the transmittance of light through the sample leaf at two wavelengths.’
- ‘A series of spectral data acquired were first background subtracted, and then corrected for emission filter transmittances.’
- ‘Standard curves established for each stock suspension showed that light transmittance at the characteristic wavelength was inversely proportional to the concentration of gold colloid.’
- ‘Designed for spectral analysis of microscopic samples as small as 1 mm, the instrument can measure by transmittance, absorbance, reflectance, fluorescence, and polarization.’
- ‘To compute the transmittance, the direct incident radiation has to be measured in a fixed position, which can be done in a small canopy gap because of the reduced viewing angle of the sensor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.