One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ratio of the light energy falling on a body to that transmitted through it.
- ‘The apparatus determines the transmittance of light through the sample leaf at two wavelengths.’
- ‘Designed for spectral analysis of microscopic samples as small as 1 mm, the instrument can measure by transmittance, absorbance, reflectance, fluorescence, and polarization.’
- ‘To compute the transmittance, the direct incident radiation has to be measured in a fixed position, which can be done in a small canopy gap because of the reduced viewing angle of the sensor.’
- ‘Standard curves established for each stock suspension showed that light transmittance at the characteristic wavelength was inversely proportional to the concentration of gold colloid.’
- ‘A series of spectral data acquired were first background subtracted, and then corrected for emission filter transmittances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.